6039 Data Sheet
Common 6039 Data Issues
Our line of 6039 solutions and services will simplify your life, save you time and reduce your company’s risk. SOS has been a pioneer in 6039 compliance, even creating a proprietary software application, SOS 6039 Xpress, to create participant statements and the IRS e-file.
Don’t trust your compliance to just anyone. Let the 6039 experts at SOS solve your 6039 compliance challenges. Since
the regulation was put in place in 2010, hundreds of clients have trusted SOS with their 6039 compliance
needs, creating and mailing over a 250,000 participant statements in the process. We delighted our clients
with unsurpassed service and expertise.
Here’s what our clients are saying about SOS 6039 products and services:
|What we Asked
Out of 10
|How well were your expectations met?
|How well did the data gathering and review process go?
|How satisfied were you with the creation of the 6039 participant statements?
|How satisfied were you with the SOS mailing / fulfillment services?
|How satisfied were you with the SOS 6039 IRS e-filing services?
Year-end is already busy enough. Let SOS handle all your 6039 compliance needs. We offer a full-service solution that takes the burden off your shoulders. The SOS 6039 outsourcing team is a well-oiled machine. Each team member knows their role inside and out and is ready to take on any challenges to get your 6039 compliance done right and on time.
SOS 6039 Outsourcing Service Features:
- Client manager assigned to each client; answers any questions and coordinates project from start to finish.
- Secure and easy file transfer of your sensitive participant data
- Data audit and review applied to data before loading for participant statement and e-file generation, allowing you to correct errors before they get sent out to employees or filed with the IRS.
- 3921 and 3922 substitute statements allow you to aggregate transactions and send fewer pages per participant saving time and money and reducing participant confusion.
- SOS has a fully secure fulfillment center in-house to print/stuff/mail your participant statements (with cover letter) or can return a PDF for you to print and mail.
- SOS can transmit the e-file back to you, allowing you to submit via the IRS FIRE website, or we can submit the file to the IRS on your behalf (eliminating the need for you to obtain a TCC from the IRS).
- Data control processes in place, including data destruction/shredding at project completion.
- Support for subsidiaries with Box 6 of form 3921
- Support for Account Number field for multiple transactions; The SOS 6039 Xpress application assigns a unique account number to EACH transaction, and uses the transaction-specific account number to identify transactions should corrections be needed after the original IRS file is submitted via the FIRE website.
"We created the statements using 6039 Xpress. It was very simple and the statements looked great." Julia Hann, THQ
This MS Access-based application can be installed at your site to allow you to create participant statements and the IRS e-file from your stock plan data, while keeping your sensitive data inside your firewall.
SOS 6039 Xpress Features:
- Client Manager and Application Specialist assigned to each client; assists with installation, configuration of, and client training on the application
- Point-and-click user interface makes the form creation process quick and easy.
- Can use data from in-house software or data downloaded from an offsite SaaS system or outsourcing provider.
- Creates a PDF file for 3921 and 3922 substitute participant statements, allowing you to review the output and make necessary corrections before sending hundreds or thousands of statements to the printer.
- Email delivery: Statements can be emailed to all participants or just to those from whom you’ve received consent. 1
- 3921 and 3922 substitute statements allow you to send fewer pages per participant saving time and money and reducing participant confusion.
- Creates IRS e-file to IRS specifications of Publication 1220 that can be submitted via the IRS FIRE website with your company’s Transmitter Control Code (TCC).
- Supports original and corrected transaction types, including Type II corrections.
1To deliver statements exclusively in electronic format, participant consent is required. Please ask us for more details.
Many companies are looking to deliver these new participant forms electronically, but gathering the required employee consent for electronic delivery is time-consuming and labor-intensive.
SOS's 6039 E-Delivery Consent Website streamlines the collection of consent by automating the consent process. By utilizing SOS’s state-of-the art technology, your company will save time, money and provide unparalleled customer service to your employees across the country.
Whatever unique challenges Section 6039 poses for your company, SOS can help. Got 6039 problems? We have solutions.
- Communicate with your employees via a secure website installed at your location. Tax forms, including 3921 and 3922, and year-end tax summaries, confirmations of exercise and release, and many other participant communications are available.
- Let our expert stock plan staff handle the calls and/or emails from your participants during your busy year end season or anytime you need extra help.
Year-end Fulfillment Services:
- We can mail any/all of your year-end statements to participants.